Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Easy at home Workout

This morning a friend sent me a message to keep sending her workout tips. That just made my morning! I was sitting in the doctor's office with Bo, who has a nasty cold. I've been posting workouts and exercises but not really feeling fulfilled. It's so hard to really know what's happening when it's all on social media. Just knowing that someone is using them makes it all worth it.

On that note, here is the workout I'm doing this week. I'm still doing my workout from last week on my non running days, but on my big cardio days, I am doing these exercises. The thing I really like about this set is that it targets abs and legs, can be done in under 5 min, and you can do them anywhere. You can also modify any of the exercises to make them easier or harder.



Here is how I'm working out this week.
Cardio-I am training for a 10k, so that 30 min of running for me.
Complete exercises. I do two sets.
Stretch

Here is how I would recommend to you to do this workout.
Cardio-5 to 10 min running, biking, or using an elliptical machine.
Complete exercises-Do one or two sets.
Cardio-5 to 10 min running, biking, or using an elliptical machine.
Complete exercises-Do one or two sets.
Stretch
This makes your workout approx 20 to 25 min.

To make your workout 30 min, add one more set of cardio and exercises. You can also do all your cardio at the beginning, like me, if you are doing a long run or bike ride.

I have the exercises listed in a progression. I like doing exercises this way because you get a little harder each day, not all at once. It also helps boost your confidence in being able to complete them.

This is an easy workout that can be done at home or in the gym. Hopefully, these little tips help you have success completing your fitness goals.

Last week's exercises, in case you want to challenge yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment